2.4.12

a fire in my heart.


from an article titled "I Saw A City Die"
written in 1963 by Charles Morgan Jr.
brave article.
brutally honest.
brings conviction.

i think it has a lot to say about our society today
and how we respond to the poverty around us.
are we truly loving our brothers?
are we afraid risking relationships...selflessly.

because that interferes with our safety
and our convenience.

makes me sick quite honestly.

its uncomfortable,
but what if we all tried a little harder
to die to ourselves...
and extended our hands to our neighbor.

why is it that we are so afraid?
because
that is all i can think is holding us back,
fear.
because fear is the opposing power of
love.

step out your comfort zone.
stop being so scared.

i bet the white people of the day hated this picture.
i want it framed in my home.


“I believe that there will be ultimately be a clash between the oppressed and those who do the oppressing. I believe that there will be a clash between those who want freedom, justice and equality for everyone and those who want to continue the system of exploitation. I believe that there will be that kind of clash, but I don’t think it will be based on the color of the skin…” - Malcolm X

just some food for thought.

much love and God bless,
stephanie


PS the sign he is holding says:
"Congratulations,
your courage and honesty
has placed your name on the doom list of those barbarians
...so be careful."


No comments:

Post a Comment