24.9.12

running back to self-restoration.


today it feels like fall.
pure autumn.
blue skies,
orange mountain,
my lungs are chilled
fall.

the season where life is made new
where the light changes the way we look at things
fall.

so i ran.
each breath in
was refreshment
and each breath out
was negative energy being
defeated.

four
miles
.
roughly
six
thousand
steps 
.
of 
renewal
.

and i feel a like
each step i took
was bold.
each step
was stomping out
fear.

i was running a little closer
to 
who 
am.

my potential.
who i am created to be.

i am not my fears.
i am filled with love.
a supernatural love.
one that allows me
peace.

i choose 
whether or not
anxiety
can triumph over me.

i will not die to my fears
i'll die fighting.





isn't she lovely?




this is my running partner. 
lupe fiasco.


"That's how it's supposed to be: a butterfly
For the sake of rhyming let's just say "butterflyee"
The truth stings like Muhammad Ali
I tell 'em tell 'em don't homicide me
I just a little old hope with his back against the ropes"


&& that is what is beautiful today.

2 comments:

  1. I love it, I love love love love love you. I think about you all of the time and always want to be near you. Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete