13.5.10

born to run baby run, like a stream on the mountainside.


thursday.

today there is a thick haze outside. its so gray.

but there is good news despite the terrible weather, this saturday i will be the mother of a brand new sewing machine...and yesterday at goodwill i managed to scrounge up some pretty intense pieces of fabric, that i cannot wait to sew some new dresses. lately i have had this deep desire to just cut and sew and pin and sew some more...maybe just maybe my sewing machine will help me produce amazing dresses and tops and skirts and what not. i am just feeling crafty lately, i might even try to rival some of anthropolgie's greatness.

i have realized i ma the most scatterbrained writer. so much to say sorry if you can't hang in here with me.
today i started reading "La Telarana de Carlota" or en ingles..."Charlotte's Web" by EB White. thats right...I am attempting to understand Spanish, starting with children's literature. so far so good, granted i am only one page into the book...children's books are just fantastic. i was in Barnes and Noble the other day for a while and just sat in the chidren's section reading the classics ... you know ones like.. "Ferninand," "Where the Wild things are," "Cordoury," "the Very Hungry Caterpiller," and "the Lorax" they are soooooooo good!
when i was younger i always wanted to write a children's book, i tried multiple times in first grade, they were not very big hits. i think my mom was my only fan...i mean my life is still pretty young i guess in the future maybe i could...i need to find me an illustrator though...and actually on Monday I went to the doctor and turns out i am kind of old. my joints are getting old at least, i am now a slave to aleve. i hate taking drugs.
poetry night 5.11. people are craving to be heard.

3 comments:

  1. Stephanie.
    This is so freaky! I am reading charlotte's web right now. I was cleaning and found a copy of it our house. We can read it together, yours in spanish and mine in english!
    freaky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, guess what i want to be when I grow up! An illustrator! among other things :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sarah and stephanie...can i be included in charlotte's web?

    ReplyDelete