14.5.10

your reading fitzgerald, your reading hemingway.

"What a wild life! What a fresh kind of existence!"
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow



since i am unemployed i find that i have a surplus of time on my hands.

today I occupied myself with making flower hair pins and starting to cut and pin material to start making dresses and pillows, and other things of the sort...i know i know, i am trying to not kill you with excitement, or make you too jealous or anything...my lifestyle is just SO overwhelmed in adventure and outrageous endeavors.

this morning my dad woke me up early to run errands and take the car to the shop, and on the way to the auto shop I was following a huge monster truck with a bumper sticker that said "Nightmare on any Street" hahahahaha oh man, only in Cantonment right? events like these make me chuckle, and just wonder "why?!" I just don't understand why people think that sort of thing is ok. and can anyone please explain the next bumper sticker I saw... "John McCain really hit the bullseye with Sarah Palin" WHAT? I don't even know where to start interpreting that one. any takers on trying to tackle that one? well, if it helps the bumper sticker right below it said: "I'M THE NRA." ok, does that make it better?


you know, I have really found enjoyment in writing letters lately.
[and thank you realsimple, for your idea of sealing envelopes with clear nailpolish...genius.]
Me and John did a book swap the other day, and he gave me "the Last American Man" by Elizabeth Gilbert. I am excited to start reading it. It is about a man who lives off the land in the Appalcian Mountains...and speaking of books, "La telarana de Carlota" es muy muy bueno y leyo tres mas paginas! oh how reading spanish just makes my day all that more brighter, and understanding it is even more rewarding.
being home and being alone,
has taught me to really find enjoyment
in the
smaller things we take for granted
like letter writing,
reading children's books,
arts && crafts,
and yoga.
on the running front - so far I have logged 16 miles for the summer, by the end of the week I should have between 20 and 25 miles depending on how awesome I feel tomorrow...but man, I have to keep telling myself 300 miles...300 miles...they don't run themselves. I just hope I can keep motivated.
ICorinthians9:27
No, I beat my body and make it my slave so I that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.
much much love,
Salmon.

1 comment:

  1. love you. want to see your magical sewing creations at all stages of development! i gotta get started on mine. :)

    ReplyDelete