25.5.10

learning to fly around the clouds.

"Beauty
of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm
depends on simplicity."
- Plato

i really like Tuesdays.

especially Tuesdays where i wake up and
eat chocolate chip pancakes
with Rachel,
and there is still salt in my hair from the ocean's embrace
from the day before,
Tuesdays are slower pace days,
where I can run longer,

reflect, write, sew, and design at my leisure,
and I am pretty sure that if i were to make a huge life decision,
i would do it on a Tuesday.
there is just so much more clarity on a Tuesday.

I don't know why I go to poetry night on Tuesdays,
because for one...poetry is not really my thing.
most times i don't connect,
most times i don't understand the struggle,

but i believe that it is not always good to do what is comfortable.

because sometimes there in the uncomfort,
there is quite delight.
in someone
,
a cup of chai,
in a face,
in the lyrics,
in the beat,
in the song.
you would've missed otherwise.


today is a big day. for i have chosen a World Cup team to follow. It is the Netherlands. GO DUTCH. of course i will still be watching and rooting USA USA! but, you know...as an American watching the World cup since forever, I just know that is the way things go. But, I will say our team looks stronger than teams in the past...players are playing all over the place (Europe), and hey Donavan totally kicked ass on his loan in England...so you know. represent.


even more than the world cup, i love what this girl is teaching me. things about freestyle, and the imagination. the intricacy of a seashell. love. and the simple joys of being a woman.





I am heading to Memphis in a couple of days for a black poetry tour.
never seen Memphis before, but i like the blues.
and i hear thats the place to go if you fancy the blues.
it should be quite the experience. and I am looking foward to it.



just as powerful as words can be, they can also be extremely empty.



on my run today i intended to go for three miles, but my legs carried me seven...i like runs like today. it was raining, and humid, and man...it hurt. but it hurts so good. I am finding that i neve regret running, i only regret NOT running. its such a weird love/obsession of mine. i just don't quite get it.

what i would do for a chance to see wilco again right now: [something pretty extreme.]


things i kind of really like right now: flight of the conchords and gardens.
things i don't really like right now: red meat and ignorance.

but as for now I am going to finally watch Fantastic Mr. Fox.
I have been anxiously waiting for this moment for quite a while.
my expectations for this movie are intensly high.

last thought, if you don't feel with your heart, or your head.
where do you feel from?

shalom,
Salmon.

2 comments:

  1. I love the train of thought... or maybe just stream of consciousness ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, it's nikki guntner. haven't seen/talked to you in a while, but i just wanted to let you know i really love your blog and your writing, so i'm following now. hope you're doing well. have fun in memphis. :)

    PS: "just as powerful as words can be, they can also be extremely empty." = so good.

    ReplyDelete